Albert Goodwin, Esq. is a Florida estate attorney with over a decade of experience. He has a record of success in estate litigation throughout Florida and the surrounding areas. He has achieved great results and is widely praised by his clients and respected by the legal community.
Mr. Goodwin defends executors and protects beneficiaries in high-stakes contested estate litigation matters such as will challenges, contested estate accountings, proceedings to disqualify or remove an executor or trustee, spousal elective share and claims against an estate.
He represents clients in disagreements over difficult to valuate assets such as companies, works of art and assets with intangible value.
He helps clients probate estates, making sure they are closed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
On the transactional side, he assists people with devising and implementing defensive estate plans with built-in protection against will challenges, IRS and Medicaid claims and other potential complications.
A Record of Civic Action
Albert Goodwin feels strongly about equal access to justice in Florida and is continuously involved in the city’s civic life:
- Offers his services to the Surrogate’s Court as a referee, court evaluator, guardian and fiduciary
- Lectures for Florida’s numerous accountant associations
- Educates the public about Florida evolving estate laws through this website, seminars, and media appearances
- Participates as a coach and a judge in National Speech and Debate Association debates
- Participates as a judge in Florida Moot Court competitions
He maintains this website, where he continues to provide valuable information to attorneys and laymen alike.
In an effort to educate the public about estate law, Albert Goodwin makes media appearances and advises media outlets.
- Appeared live on NPR to answer estate law questions from the public in real-time
- Gave presentations on the use of trusts in The Wall Street Journal Smart Money Expert Series
- Appeared on Discovery Channel documentary “The Will”
- Was a consultant for CBS on their drama “Person of Interest”
- Appeared on Israel National Radio to discuss estate planning strategies for people with residence or property in the U.S. and Israel
- Interviewed as a source by Forbes on an article about estate planning strategies
- Interviewed as a source by CNBC for an article about Medicaid
Talmudic Scholar Background
Albert Goodwin has been studying the law since he was a child. He was groomed to be a Rabbinic scholar. He has spent his childhood and adolescence in a Yeshiva, studying the nuances of civil and religious Talmudic law. In 2004, he earned the degree of Bachelor of Talmudic Law on a full scholarship, with a GPA of 3.9. He wanted to apply his skills to secular law, and continued his legal studies, culminating in a Juris Doctor degree, graduating in the top third of his class.
Mir Yeshiva, Bachelor of Talmudic Law, 2004
Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Florida County Bar Association
- Member of the Florida State Bar Association, in which he belongs to the estate law section